Leadership and Management Training for Employers
Why choose this qualification for your employees?
Tempest Management Training in Mansfield are experts in the delivery of leadership and management training across various industry sectors, we pride ourselves in listening to our clients and working in partnership to develop bespoke programmes to achieve business objectives.
Approved to deliver ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) accredited programmes and qualifications we have a multitude of success stories of learners achieving management qualifications, working with over 1000 organisations across the UK. Unique in the training sector our trainers all have wealth of industry experience enabling them to utilise their knowledge to meet our client’s current business challenges. We offer a wide range of training and recognised qualifications which are designed to enable team leaders, supervisors and managers to develop their skills and effectiveness as leaders.
We specialise in empowering and growing people to be leaders via coaching, identifying talents of individuals to form high performing teams and providing one to one support all delivered with a personal touch. We have worked with most of our clients for many years, forming relationships and listening to their requirements and delivering fully flexible training programmes.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Better communication and interpersonal skills
- Retaining your staff
- Competent Team leaders and Managers
- Ensure the managers we develop as coach and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Managers that can provide effective support for the development of others and improve their performance
What Leadership and Management qualifications are available?
We asked this learner what do they feel they’ve gained from the course:
“How to motivate/what could motivate my team/importance of feedback etc in motivating my team, my own motivation and short and long term goals – work and personal life. Many thanks to Margaret, really enjoyed the course (all 4 days!)”Health & Safety Manager
ILM Award in Mentoring 2 Day Programme
The Award in Introduction to Mentoring Skills aims to equip team leaders and aspiring first time managers with the skills and knowledge to understand and undertake effective mentoring to aid their own personal development. It will also give them useful tools and techniques to be able to support apprentices and new employees into the business effectively.
“Mentoring is to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximise their potential, develop your skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be”.
To pass this qualification you must achieve a total of 5 credits from the two units:
- Understanding Mentoring – helps learners to develop an understanding of the role and nature of mentoring
- Developing Mentoring Skills – enables learners to undertake mentoring to reflect on their performance and identify areas for improvement.
Certificate in Leadership and Management
The Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Leadership and Management are ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities. They particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
Learners will undertake the knowledge workshops and then complete work-based assignments to complete the qualification.
The topics that will be covered are:
- Understanding Leadership
- Understanding how to motivate to improve performance
- Understand how to establish an effective team
- Developing yourself and others
- Recruitment & Selection
- Understanding good practice in workplace mentoring
- Understand the communication process in the workplace
- Understand conflict management in the workplace