Health & Social Care Trainer / Mentor
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
• To act in the best interests of our customers whether they are our apprentices, their employers or the organisations that fund work-based learning.
• To actively support apprentices within the workplace, associated with the health & social care programmes, ensuring apprentices follow the agreed programme and schedule.
• To mentor apprentices in line with the health & social care programme standards and offer support and guidance from the start of the programme to finish, along with professional skills required for the workplace.
• To focus on how delivering an excellent apprenticeship experience for apprentices and their employers and monitoring progress.
• To manage the apprentice journey, dealing with any disciplinary and classroom management issues, taking registers and reporting absence.
• To maintain appropriate tracking systems and procedures relating to quality, compliance, management and assessment.
• To maintain 90% retention and timely completion of apprentices.
• To ensure relevant paper work is used and completed correctly, ensuring that all the compliance and process requirements of funding partners and Tempest Management Training are met in full.
• To ensure your own skill sets are kept up to date and relevant, attending training courses to further your personal development and knowledge, completing a minimum of 30 hours CPD per annum.
• To perform any ad-hoc duties that the company considers reasonable, and to be mindful of both personal safety and the safety of apprentices and colleagues.
• Timely Achievers to be above 85%, with an Observation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment to be Grade 2 or above.
• To have a low IQA risk banding, and to ensure documentation related to ESFA and awarding body audit requirements are 100% accurate and in learning evidence (ILE) is captured every calendar month
• To create an engaging and productive learning environment for all apprentices
• No more than 5% out of funded apprentices within current caseload
• To conduct the minimum amount of workplace visits within the company expectations
• No more than 5% of apprentices at risk (with RAG status RED)
• A 6-week apprentice retention rate of 90% or above, with no more than 5% of apprentices on a break in learning
• Apprentice satisfaction rate of 95% or above, and an employer satisfaction rate of 95% or above
Applications for this role are by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com